Brecon Cathedral is very genourously supporting the Ascension Mass concert and welcoming the Grand Concert on Saturday evening. The Cathedral Choir will be taking part in a Choral Evensong on Sunday afternoon.
Brecon Cathedral started life in 1093 as the Benedictine Priory of St John the Evangelist, built by the Normans on the site of an earlier Celtic church. At the dissolution of the monasteries in 1537 it became Brecon's Parish Church. It became a Cathedral only in 1923, on the establishment of the Diocese of Swansea and Brecon.